Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Ring Botanicals Perfume



One of my favorite things about having a business is the fascinating people that it has brought into my life. One of those is Jessica Ring, of Ring Botanicals, who has a way with both words and plant essences. 


Jessica is a distiller, a perfumer, and a poet, living on her family farm in Oregon. She distills native Pacific Norwest botanicals as well as farm botanicals to create hydrosols and essential oils that she uses to make natural perfumes.

Recently we decided to trade some products and I excitedly chose two of her perfumes perfumes; Copal Rose and Spice Lavender. Rose and lavender are two of my favorite herbs and fragrances and I was anxious to experience what Jessica did with them.

The Rose Copal has a sweet, warm, somewhat spicy aroma with scents of balsam. Just lightly floral the scent is almost springlike. With time the rose fragrance seems to become more dominant. In fact, I liked it even more after it had been on my skin an hou.

Lavender Spice is a very warm fragrant blend that warmed me on a cold winter day. It is lightly floral light but with the warm, woodsy fragrance of balsam and vanilla.  With time it seems to become more spicey and delicious.

Both reminded me of the Northwest Forests where they were made. And both stay on the skin for a long time.

I love that she says she offers ‘wilderness in a bottle’. You can learn more about Jess and her perfumes here. http://www.ringbotanicals.com/collections/natural-perfumes-and-colognes

3 comments:

Donna Maria @ Indie Business said...

I agree Cindy! One of the BEST things about entrepreneurship is the network of friends and colleagues we build! Thanks for introducing me to Jessica! I look forward to learning more about her and her products!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to swap products with a colleague! Sometimes we get so stuck in our little worlds that we forget to explore other indies and their awesome products.

Candy said...

Great post! Ohhhh, how nice to know someone who distills the essential oils she makes her products with. That is just fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails