Skin Care doesn't have to be complicated. Here are 10 tips to better skin.
1. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
2. Eat foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and antioxidants – that means fruits and vegetables!
3. Apply lotion/cream or oil to the skin after getting out of the shower while the skin is still damp.
4. Don’t overwash. Excess soap/detergents and hot water can dry the skin. Handcrafted soaps are generally mild enough to use frequently. Focus on washing underarms and genitals since they contain apocrine glands which secrete a type of sweat that can lead to rancid odors.
5. Get occasional massages as they help move blood and lymph.
6. Exercise regularly.
7. Examine your skin regularly for abnormal moles as well as for scratches, scrapes or sores. If you have an abnormal mole, get it checked out right away by a dermatologist. If you have persistent sore that doesn’t heal, get it checked out by a dermatologist.
8. Treat very dry itchy skin with a salt scrub in the shower or add a tablespoon of bath oil to your bath.
9. Be sure to use a product with an oil containing linoleic acid; these include evening primrose oil, pumpkin seed, grapeseed, hemp, raspberry seed, rice bran oil, rosehip seed, safflower, sesame, soy, and sunflower.
10. Drink Green Tea. Studies show that antioxidants in green tea can help protect collagen, decrease the risk of skin cancer and help prevent UV damage.