Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gremolata

I was surfing today looking for something for dinner and found something I had never heard of, Gremolata. I was surprised yet excited that there was an herb condiment that I was unfamiliar with. Because I was looking for a protein dish (as I often do being vegetarian) I used a version of gremolata with nuts in it. Here is the recipe:

3/4 c pecans
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1/4 c parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon oil (optional)

Pulse in a blender/grinder until ground and mixed. Add salt and pepper. I mixed this with chunks of roasted butternut squash but it can be served with any vegetables or as a spread for bread. It reminds me somewhat of pesto with the combination of herb, nuts and cheese. I think you could substitute any type of nut, especially roasted walnuts or any kind of herb. Have you ever made this and how have you used it?

1 comment:

BealcA's Pad said...

That recipe sounds wonderful, I hope that it is as I sure would love to try it on some gluten-free bread.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails