Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Fennel Salad

Fennel bulb is such an interesting vegetable to eat but I rarely know how to make it. I found a recipe for fennel cucumber salsa here and adapted it for my family. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture.

In a chopper put:
1 peeled cucumber diced
1 fennel bulb diced
1/2 red onion chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper chopped
several stems of cilantro and parsley

Chop lightly in chopper. Hand chop 1 avocado. Mix vegetables together and pour dressing over vegetables.
Dressing:
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

I served this for Easter on top of a bed of lettuce. It was delicious.

This and That:
If you are near Longmont, you can buy Colorado Aromatics products at the Taste of Wellness Saturday at the St. Vrain Memorial Building in Roosevelt Park.

Kayla at Essential U has been running a series of articles about small business owners. I thank her for this post on my business, click here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails