Friday, June 19, 2009

A Walk in the Mountains



I love living close to the mountains but having a farm and a business leaves little time for hiking and other activities. But since this week my cousin, Pam, was visiting from Ohio, a scenic drive through the mountains with stops was a must. We stopped the car alongside this small stream and walked the trail along it a ways. The smells were fresh water and pine mixed with moss and flowers. I took pictures of these wild orchids and what I think is arnica (let me know if you agree); but we also saw wild roses, geraniums, grapes, choke cherries and clematis growing.

Its nice to have visitors here at our new place; visits from family especially help to bring blessings to a new home. My cousin will leave tomorrow and we will be back at the Longmont Farmers Market. Be sure to come visit us and tell your friends in Colorado to do so.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Thanks for taking me along on your walk. What a nice time to spend with family. Lots of blessing on your new house, enjoy those wonderous surrounding,
Pat
Patricia Rose- A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails