Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sixth Picture Meme




Games are fun especially when the lead to an easy blog post. Maggie at Prairieland herbs blog tagged me for this "6th picture meme". By the way, here is the definition of meme given by wordnet.princeton.edu: "a cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one person to another by non-genetic means (as by imitation)." The rules of this meme are:

1.Go to your Picture Folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures
2.Go to the 6th Folder, then pick the 6th picture in that folder
3.Post that picture on your blog and tell the story that goes along with the picture.
4.Tag 6 other people that you know or don’t know to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog or an e-mail letting them know you chose them.

This had me a little worried as my computer is full of quite a few crazy pictures my son takes, so I was happy to see that the sixth folder was just herbs. These were pictures I took in my garden several years ago shortly after getting a digital camera. The top picture here is the sixth picture. It is a sage (Salvia officinalis) called Bergarten. It has shorter and rounder leaves than the typical garden sage and is a very low and dense grower. I remember getting it at a Herb Society plant exchange. It grew very nicely for me but now that we have moved I do not have one anymore. Perhaps that will change this spring! I use sage as a culinary herb but also as a tea to gargle with for a sore throat. Actually, my son right now has a red inflammed eye and I gave him a sage tea on a washcloth to put on it. Seems to be doing much better now.
Because this folder was full of herb pictures of course I had to post a few more. The second picture is that of blue spruce which I use alot for distillation. It has a nice woodsy aroma. The next picture is a mullein (Verbascum) rosette. Although I like to keep a couple mulleins growing, it is hard to control their spread. The flowers of mullein infused in oil along with garlic can be used as eardrops for ear pain.
The blogs I am tagging for this are:
I hope they like to play!

2 comments:

violetlady said...

Thank you Cindy for tagging me for this meme. I will be posting my response shortly. Your photos are lovely!

Marge said...

That meme made me sad...I don't even have 6 folders under my pictures. Blew a hard drive during the Holidays...and lost about 8 years of family pictures, site graphic shots... my history. Back 'em all up, Cindy! (and your herb shots are gorgeous!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails