Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Harvest is In

We are expecting our first hard frost tonight and spent the weekend picking as much as we could from the garden; tomatoes, zucchini and cucumbers primarily. We had grilled vegetable sandwiches today and will continue to have grilled zucchini for some time. I was able to grow one large pumpkin which has made it to my front porch. All the pots of annuals and tenders are in the greenhouse, save for a few pots of mint that I brought inside. I do wish I'd picked some rhubarb to make some syrup from; but it might still be ok tomorrow. I've picked as many herbs as I can and they are now drying. The changing of the seasons is always a nice time and now with Halloween coming it is time to change the focus. Hope your harvest was great.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails